Featured Post

The Hardest Thing I have Ever Done

It is quiet.  The air is still. I hear a soft pounding in my chest and my feet on the asphalt.  My heart reminds me of the task at hand: kee...

Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 Is In Full Swing


Well, I have some good news and I have some great news!
The good news is that another article about me has hit the internets.  Here is the link where you can read it (and special thanks to Ashley Graves for seeking me out and writing me up!)

http://blogs.uoregon.edu/agravesf14gateway/turning-points/
Now, the even better news is that I have met with the new neurologist and he reviewed my history declaring an MRI unnecessary in 2015!  Imagine that?!  Me and my MS, diagnosed nearly 10 years ago, not having to lie in the tube for an entire year! I cannot tell you how happy I feel because I am still coming to terms with it.

Of course, I attribute my running to my healthy condition.  So, I have another full marathon on the horizon.  In May, I will run another full marathon here in Eugene.  No, I am not trying to break any of my PRs or set any other goals.  I am just trying to live healthy.  In the late summer, I am thinking about doing my first ultra.  This is a trail run so it will be extra-ultra for me.  30 Miles on the McKenzie trail, a beautiful river stretch here in our locals part of the Cascades.  We will have to see about that because the race is a lottery-in type.
Speaking of trail running, since I last updated my blog, I ran the Silver Falls Half Marathon.  I goofed off for much of the run, joking that I was going for my PW (Personal Worst).  I ran it with my good friend Stephanie Gray and we took lots of selfies and had a great time.  This is no surprise, as I usually have a good time running with Steph.  Also, it was a beautiful run.  Well, all except the last mile, which was sort of like running on a slip-n-slide covered in cake batter.

Well, that’s about all for now.   I needed to break the 2015 ice on the blog and so I write this super quick.  Stay tuned for more about the run and the MS.  I might have been given a year to relax a bit, but that doesn’t mean resting on my laurels.
 
On the Horizon:
McKenzie River Half, March 22
Eugene Marathon, May 10
Portland Marathon, October 4

No comments:

Post a Comment