Featured Post

The Hardest Thing I have Ever Done

It is quiet.  The air is still. I hear a soft pounding in my chest and my feet on the asphalt.  My heart reminds me of the task at hand: kee...

Friday, March 7, 2014

Suzanne - Wonderful, Amazing You!

Top Secret Sister-In-Law has started her own team for the MS Walk team in San Diego.  I found out because she linked to my blog and I saw the extra hits being sourced from the San Diego website.  Sneaky! 

So, I thought I would return the favor and blog a bit about her, because she is pretty awesome.  Not only is she the mother of my youngest niece, and married to my favorite brother, she is also someone I count as a good friend.  And, in this last year she has really taken to running.  I love this about her.  She will be running her first half marathon later this year and she is always asking me questions about it, what shoes, how often I switch to new shoes, how I recover.  Her enthusiasm has caused me to pick up my own temp.  But isn't that the way it's supposed to be?

Recently, it occurred to me that it would be a great exercise to write about how other people how influenced my life.  Such an exercise would be beneficial on many levels.  First, it would give me the opportunity to reflect on gratitude, which is always advantageous.  Next, I would have the opportunity to really think about the wonderful people closest to me and how they enrich my life.  And finally, but certainly not concluding the benefits, I would be granted a small amount of time outside of my own head--brief, I know, but needed.

So, here is Suzanne.  She is a bit younger than me, though not too much.  She has a great sense of humor and a wonderful personality.  She is one of the kindest people I have ever met, and I have met Og Mandino!  Also, she is super smart, and I do mean book-smart and common-sense-smart alike!   Once I called her with an insurance question (a legal question) and she just knew the answer.  And you should see how she has her organized her life.  Wonderful!  Also, she is a great mom.  My little niece's name is Olivia and she is the dumpling to my apple.  Suzanne makes the best choices for Olivia, not always the easiest choices either.  She is patient and loving and nurturing.  I'm honored to know her. 


So when someone like Suzanne starts her own MS Walk Team (like she has done each year) to raise her own personal goal amount of funds and awareness, I have to pause and thank my lucky stars that there are people like her in the world.  Thank you Suzanne.  You are the driving force behind this movement.  Thank you for being you. Wonderful, amazing YOU!

Here is a link to Suzanne's MS Walk Team page:

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Walk/CASWalkEvents?px=9220396&pg=personal&fr_id=23499


No comments:

Post a Comment