Featured Post

The Hardest Thing I have Ever Done

It is quiet.  The air is still. I hear a soft pounding in my chest and my feet on the asphalt.  My heart reminds me of the task at hand: kee...

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Hot Blog and a Shake

Hello MS'ians, Runners and Bees!

I have a few things to share.

One)  Portland Marathon has a fund raising effort for survivors of the Boston bombings, Speak With Your Feet.  This could be a great way to participate in their "closed for months already" half.
For more info go to: Portland Marathon Speak With Your Feet
p.s.  Best Schwag!

Two)  Eugene's Marathon is this coming weekend and I want to give a shout out of good luck to all my friends there!!  Can't believe it's been one year since the PNW heat crippled my last three miles.  I'll be back.  FYI, Eugene will also honor Boston and they encourage all finishers to place their hands over their hearts, as they did in London, when you cross the finish.  Pass the word.
Check out: Eugene Marathon

Three) The MS Walk in San Diego is this weekend.  Our team is called Bee-Cause.  You know why we are called that?  Not to brag, but I have MS and I have finished two marathons myself, and quite a few halfs by now.  To me, this is the equivalent of bees flying with wings that are too tiny for their bulky bodies.  Darn round bodies!  Anyway, the bees overcome impossible odds each time they fly.  I do the same when I run.  Some of my friends with MS do this miraculous feat when they mountain bike or snowboard or just get out of bed in the morning.  We are fighting this battle each day and every triumph --no matter the size or effort-- is us MS'ians over coming impossible odds.

That said, if you want to walk with us this weekend, we'd love to have you on the team: Bee-Cause!  Here's the link for more info.  You don't have donate to walk.  Of course you also don't have to walk to donate or to be a part of the team.
Click here to find out more: Bee Cause

I want to add that this is the first year that I am able to participate with my family and friends in San Diego and I couldn't be more thrilled.  Naturally I miss my Oregon team, Ticky's Team, but I will be back with them and with Ticky next year to battle the elements and walk the river arm-in-arm.  This year, it's all about home.

And finally, Four)  Columbia Sport Wear has unveiled their newest line in cooling fabrics.  It is the Omni-Freeze Zero.  I had the opportunity to check out a few shirts yesterday at a the largest sporting goods store I have ever been to in my life.  I did not make the purchase yet because I am a researcher.  Once I do, I will write up a full blog.  Still, I wanted to mention it because if this fabric does what Columbia claims it does, this could be a big help to MS heat sufferers like me.
Here's more info:  Columbia

Well, that's it for now.  I leave you with this epic picture of Sedona's Cathedral Rock.

Keep flying, little bees!  The world is still ours.  Promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment