Featured Post

The Hardest Thing I have Ever Done

It is quiet.  The air is still. I hear a soft pounding in my chest and my feet on the asphalt.  My heart reminds me of the task at hand: kee...

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Thank You To My Generous Donors

Greetings to all of my generous donors.  *WE* have reached my goal of $1,500 before I cross the finish line tomorrow.  Heck, we did it before I even cross the start line!  I just wanted to send you all another note to say thank you so much, again. 

My initial diagnosis was pretty scary, and then 4 years of injections was terrible, but now that I am healthy, I intend to do all I can while I am healthy to enjoy my family and friends and also to raise the banner of MS Awareness.  One of the things that I have learned over the last 7 years is that this is a treatable condition dependent upon diet, stress management and close contact with a solid neurologist...and yes, often medication (though right now, I have been given a reprieve).   Another thing that I have learned is that it's okay to tell people and let people know what's going on.  Oh, and one of the most exciting things I have learned is that MS is one of those diseases that might be cured within our lifetime, even in a few short years.  How long has it been since we cured a disease?  How cool is it that you all --now--are a part of that!  Your contributions will help to cure a disease.  Even in 7 years, the medications have improved and those who suffer with MS enjoy much more mobility, freedom, health and peace of mind.

I am hopeful.  I really am.  This is why I run.

I think that by your contributions, you are hopeful too.  And you reinforce my faith.  Thank you for that and for your spirit of giving.

You will be with me tomorrow on my run and in my heart for the many runs to come.

-Rhonda


No comments:

Post a Comment